Your Privacy Rights
Effective Date: 9/17/2020
Regardless of where our servers are located, your personal data may be processed by us in the United States, where data protection and privacy regulations may or may not be to the same level of protection as in other parts of the world. BY VISITING THE SITE AND USING THE SERVICE, YOU UNEQUIVOCALLY AND UNAMBIGUOUSLY CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION AND PROCESSING IN THE UNITED STATES OF ANY INFORMATION COLLECTED OR OBTAINED BY US THROUGH VOLUNTARY SUBMISSIONS, AND, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED AND POSSIBLE, THAT U.S. LAW GOVERNS ANY SUCH COLLECTION AND PROCESSING.
1. Who Collects Your Information On Our Service?
We do. To the extent the GDPR applies, we are a “Controller” of the PII that you, and certain third parties, provide to us, and a “Processor” of your PII that we receive from other third parties. We collect personal information about you directly from you, through your use of the Service, and from third parties. We are responsible for the protection of your information that we collect.
2. What Information Do We Collect?
Personal Information. We collect certain personal information about you, which may be supplied when you sign-up for the Service, place an order, when you complete a survey, when you create or update an account (if applicable), when you use the Service, when you request services, when you submit any other information to us, or from third parties. We only collect basic personal data about you. The types of personal information we collect and save include:
- Contact and account information such as name, e-mail address, billing address, shipping address, username, and phone number; and
- Technical information collected in our logs. Such information may include standard web log entries that contain your IP address, device identifiers, first party cookies (both session and persistent), third party cookies, web beacons, page URL and timestamp.
Non-personal Information. Non-personal information is anonymous or non-personally identifiable information about you, including but not limited to links and materials posted (including reviews and feedback), information about your web browser, the pages accessed most frequently, how pages are used, search terms entered, and similar non-personal data.
Aggregate Information. We may also collect anonymous, non-identifying and aggregate information such as the date and time of your requests and orders, language preference, type of browser used, location, device information, session information, page views, operating system, referring websites, the website you go to immediately before or after our Site, browser history, traffic sources, and information about conversion from views to sales.
3. Why Is My Information Being Collected?
We accept and gather information in an effort to provide the Service to you. We need to collect your personal information so that we may, among other things, respond to your requests for information, add you to our e-mail lists, and generally allow the Service to operate and orders to be fulfilled and shipped. Our Payment Processor collects your payment information to process order payment and any refunds or credits. We also collect aggregate information to help us better design the Service. We collect log information for monitoring purposes to help us to diagnose problems with our servers, administer the Service, calculate usage levels, and otherwise provide products and services to you.
4. How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We use the personal information you provide for the purposes for which you have submitted it, including:
- Internal Uses. We may use your PII to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your requests for information, track usage trends, detect and prevent fraud and misuse, develop, improve, and tailor the Service and other offerings, perform market and technical research and analytics, and, if applicable, to create and maintain an account for you so that you may more easily use the Service and make purchases of products.
- Paying For Goods through the Service. Our Payment Processor uses your PII to process your payments for goods ordered through the Service.
- Sending Orders and Information to you. We use your PII to ship the products that you order, as well as marketing materials, to you at the address provided. This is usually done via a third-party carrier such as the United States Postal Service or UPS, with whom we share your PII. They use this information to coordinate and deliver items to you.
- Communicating With You About Services and Products. We may use your PII to send you information about new services, discounts, products, loyalty/rewards benefits, and other items that may be of interest to you, whether provided by us, our affiliates, or unaffiliated third parties.
- Sharing with Third Parties. From time to time, we may share your PII with others, including affiliated and non-affiliated entities, with which we contract for purposes of both joint and separate marketing campaigns.
- Serve You Targeted Advertisements. We may use your PII to serve you advertisements with the Service that are targeted to your interests, which in some instances involves sharing your PII with third parties.
We may use anonymous information that we collect to improve the design and content of our Service, and to enable us to personalize your internet experience. We also may use this information in the aggregate to analyze how our Site is used, as well as to offer you additional programs or services.
5. Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We will not share your personal information except: (a) for the purposes for which you provided it; (b) with your consent; (c) as may be required by law or as we think necessary to protect our organization (including the defense of legal claims) or others from injury (e.g., in response to a court order or subpoena, in response to a law enforcement agency request, or when we believe that someone is causing, or is about to cause, injury to or interference with the rights or property of another); or (d) with persons or organizations with whom we contract to carry out internal operations or business activities including, but not limited, with third parties for marketing purposes, whether or not they are affiliated organizations. With your knowledge and/or consent, we may share your personal information with certain brands and other businesses that we partner with so that they may contact you regarding their other products. We may also freely share aggregated and/or anonymized information with others, including affiliated and non-affiliated organizations.
Finally, we may transfer or disclose your personal information to a third party, or our successor in interest, in connection with, and/or as the result of, an acquisition, sale, merger, reorganization, or bankruptcy involving our company.
6. How Can You Access And Control Your Information?
After becoming a user of the Service, you may review, revise, and/or edit your information through your account, if applicable, or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. For instructions on how you can further access your personal information that we have collected, or how to correct errors in such information, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. We will also stop using your information and remove it from our servers and database promptly after receiving such an e-mail request sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may opt-out of, or otherwise withdraw consent to, the use or sharing of your PII that is not strictly necessary for the Service to function including, but not limited to, the use of your personal information by the Service to send you promotional and/or marketing e-mails, by using the unsubscribe feature in the e-mail or by sending us an e-mail to email@example.com with “Opt-Out” in the subject line.
7. How Do We Store and Protect Your Information?
A. After receiving your personal information, we will store it on our servers for future use. We have physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in place to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect. Examples of some of the steps we take to protect your information are encrypting your data while storing it and when transferring it, and limiting internal access to your personal information to those that need it to perform a specific task or to deliver the Service to you. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or data storage solution can ever be completely secure. As a result, although we take industry-standard steps to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or receive from us or that we store on our or our service providers' systems.
B. If you are visiting the Site from outside of the USA, you understand that your connection will be through and to servers located in the USA, and the information you provide will be securely stored in our servers and internal systems located within the USA.
C. We store your personal information until you request us to remove it from our servers. We store our logs and other technical records indefinitely.
A. To enhance your online experience with us, our web page(s) may use "cookies." Cookies are text files that our web server may place on your hard disk to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or other PII unless you choose to provide this information to us. Once you choose to provide PII, however, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie. Although it may be possible to turn off the collection of cookies through your device or browser, certain features of the Services may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
C. We and/or our service providers may also use "pixel tags," "web beacons," "clear GIFs" or similar means (collectively, "Pixel Tags") in connection with some of our Site and HTML-formatted e-mail messages for purposes of, among other things, compiling aggregate statistics about website usage and response rates. A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel (1x1), that is ordinarily not visible to website visitors and may be associated with cookies on visitors’ hard drives. Pixel Tags allow us and our service providers to count users who have visited certain pages of our Site, to deliver customized services, and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted e-mail messages, Pixel Tags can inform the sender of the e-mail whether and when the e-mail has been opened.
D. As you use the internet, you leave a trail of electronic information at each website you visit. This information, which is sometimes referred to as "clickstream data”, can be collected and stored by a website's server. Clickstream data can reveal the type of computer and browsing software you use and the address of the website from which you linked to our Site. We may use clickstream data as a form of non-personally identifiable information to determine how much time visitors spend on each page of our Site, how visitors navigate through the Site, and how we may tailor our web pages to better meet the needs of visitors. We will only use this information to improve our site.
E. Do Not Track. At present, the Site does not specifically respond to browser do-not-track signals.
9. Collection of Information by Others.
Our Terms of Service document may identify certain third party websites to which we may provide links, and that you may click on our Site. Please check the privacy policies of these other websites to learn how they collect, use, store and share information that you may submit to them or that they collect.
10. Credit Reports
If FCRA applies to your information, you have the right to request that information from us; to correct or delete inaccurate information; and to know which credit reporting agency provided us with your information.
11. ‘European Union’ Privacy Rights.
If you currently reside in the EEA, the GDPR applies to your PII and you are a Data Subject. The GDPR requires that we, as a Controller, have a legal basis to process your PII.
A. We process your PII under one or more of the following legal bases:
- To perform the contract that we are about to enter with you (e.g. our Terms of Service);
- Processing is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- To comply with a legal obligation; and/or
- If we have your consent to do so, such consent may be withdrawn at any time.
- The right to be informed. This is your right to be informed about what they are processing, why, and who else the data may be passed to.
- The right of access. This is your right to see what data about you is held by us.
- The right to rectification. This is the right to have your data corrected or amended if what is held is incorrect in some way.
- The right to erasure. This is the right to have your personal data to be deleted in the event that such data is no longer required for the purposes it was collected for, your consent for the processing of the data is withdrawn, or the data is being unlawfully processed.
- The right to restrict processing. This is the right to ask for a temporary halt to processing of your personal data, such as in the case where a dispute or legal case has to be concluded, or the data is being corrected.
- The right to data portability. This is the right to ask for your personal data to be provided to you in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- The right to object. This is the right to object to further processing your personal data if such processing is inconsistent with the primary purposes for which it was collected.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling. This is the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing. The Service does not engage in automated decision making and profiling.
In the event that you contact us regarding information for which we are acting as a data Processor, we may refer you to the data Controller which has responsibility for your data and for fulfilling your request, or we may handle the request ourselves.
12. Children and Young People’s Information.
We do not knowingly collect any information from any minors, and we comply with all applicable privacy laws including the GDPR and the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and associated Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”) rules for collecting personal information from minors. Please see the FTC's website (www.ftc.gov) for more information. If you have concerns about our Site(s), wish to find out if your child has accessed our services, or wish to remove your child's personal information from our servers, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Site(s) will not knowingly accept personal information from anyone under 13 years old in violation of applicable laws, without consent of a parent or guardian. If we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided PII to us, we will make efforts to delete the child’s information in accordance with COPPA. If you believe that your child under 13 has gained access to our Site(s) without your permission, please contact us at email@example.com with “COPPA” in the subject line.
13. California Privacy Rights.
California law allows California residents to request information regarding our disclosures to third parties in the prior calendar year, if any, of their personally identifiable information. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Request for Privacy Information" in the subject line. Please include enough detail for us to locate your file; at a minimum, your name, e-mail, and username, if any. We will attempt to provide you with the requested information within thirty (30) days of receipt. We reserve our right not to respond to requests sent more than once in a calendar year, or requests submitted to an address other than the one posted in this notice. Please note that this law does not cover all information sharing. Our disclosure only includes information covered by the law.
14. Changes to this Policy.
15. Our Contact Information.
Copyright © Resonance Stores LLC. All rights reserved. The Service is our property, and is protected by national and international copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws. This includes the content, appearance, and design of the Service, as well as the trademarks, product names, graphics, logos, service names, slogans, colors, and designs.